Monday, August 02, 2010

The Training Week That Was 7/26-8/1

A third consecutive, productive training week has me looking forward to September's half-marathon. This past week, actually yesterday, I ran in my first "official" race in over a year, placing third in my age group (M 40-49) in what must have been a very slow field. Regardless of the level of competition, I'm always happy to place, and besides no one else really needs to know that few "better" local runners weren't in attendance, do they? :)

My mileage increased by seven miles this week, a pretty healthy jump given last week saw only a slight 0.7 mile up-tick. Here is what went down this past week:
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: 6.3 miles in :52.38 min. @ 5:40 a.m.
Wednesday: 7 miles in :57.21 @ 5:30 a.m.
Thursday: 8 miles in 1:08.05 min. @ 5:30 a.m.
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 12.7 miles in 1:46.21 min. @ 6:00 a.m.
Sunday: 3.1 miles in :22.08 min. @ 9:00 a.m.
TOTAL MILEAGE: R 37.1 miles (+ 7.4 from the previous week)
Weigh-In*: 183.5! lbs. (-4.5 lbs from previous week) [* @ 6:00 a.m. on 8/02/10]
This past week's weight loss of 4.5 pounds is very surprising--given that my weight has dropped in smaller, more reasonable (1/2 to 2 pound) increments over the past five weeks, I had expected (especially due to increased mileage and intensity) some bump, but that number is outlandish! It is safe to assume that this coming week, I will see a leveling off or possible slight increase. I'm certainly not starving myself, but I have been more cognisant of my portions and eliminated (save a pretzel or three) late night snacks.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: