Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Run: 6.6 miles in :54.45 min. @ 5:20 a.m.

An indication how some runs go, this morning's training high point was a visit from the neighborhood Cardinal, a frequent visitor to our backyard bird feeder, during my post-run recovery-drink-and-newspaper-reading session.

Weather: Mostly Cloudy, 71°F, 84% Humidity, Wind: From SW @ 11 mph; feels like 71°F.
Course: Six Looks Like 8 found on USATF Map It!
Pace: 8:17 min/mile
Effort: 4 out of 5
How did I feel? Tired.
Gear: Amphipod RunLite Trail Runner, Amphipod Xinglet Reflective Wear


Perhaps a little hepped up from running that 5k on Sunday, yesterday (Monday) I mailed in registration for the 14 mile(!) 'Dam' Good Trail Run
on Sunday, August 22. This will help me continue to prepare for the half-marathon on September 12 (I hope). The race itself has a few unique elements, some of which I 'll detail in a later post. Now onto this morning's run...

The air was slightly warmer than normal for the early morning hour, and my while my overall effort was high, it was labored and thr overall quality, arduous. I had a difficult time "being here now" and found my concentration (and therefore my form and focus) falling of course. THough the resulting run was not necessarily pleasant, I did feel a sense of accomplishment in simply getting through it. Despite this morning's rough run, I'm confident better things are ahead!

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: