Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Run: 7.3 miles in ≈:61 min. @ 5:20 a.m.

Weather: Clear, 70°F, 87% Humidity, Wind: From SW @ 8 mph; feels like 70°F.
Course: Awkward Bowtie 7.3 found on USATF Map It!
Pace: ≈8:21 min/mile
Effort: 3 out of 5
How did I feel? Better!
Gear: Amphipod RunLite Trail Runner, Amphipod Xinglet Reflective Wear


Another dark ad warmish early morning, and one on which I felt slightly more motivated at the onset than on the previous one. This morning I attempt a more "minimalist" approach to training, not a barefoot one, but a bare watch one.

Before leaving home in the dark I make the conscious choice to leave my watch behind, with the thought that perhaps I had been checking it a little too frequently (what I am looking for it to tell me, I'm unsure) and that the action of doing so only serves as a misdirection from the task at hand--being in the running-breathing-moment.

As an experiment I found it did help, though the occasional nagging urge to check my phone or the sunrise/moonset to garner a sense of to-the-second pace was strong, I am glad to report that I avoided doing so and found no change in my pace while experiencing an improvement in my ability to stay wholly in the run.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: