Saturday, August 27, 2011

Run: 11.4 miles in 1:37.42 @ 6:15 a.m

Au revoir, my beastly friends... I look forward to seeing you on the trails!

Weather: Fog/Mostly Cloudy, 59°F/63°F, 94% Humidity, Wind: WSW @ 5 mph; feels like 59°F/63°F.
Route: Monroe-Edgewood-Erie Canal-Genesee River Loop.
Pace: 8:34 min/mile
Effort: 4 of 5
How did I feel? Good.


Anticipating a long, slow distance run (lsd) today, and looking to avoid the pitfalls that resulted in a "fast," shorter (8 miles) run last weekend, I ate a little more heartily and rested more fully yesterday to prepare for a more successful morning. Of course, despite the physical challenges encountered last weekend, in retrospect, it may have been my lack of mental toughness that did me in more than my physical preparedness. But, that was last week, and this week is another opportunity to follow through with a properly paced lsd,,a run which will also serve as an appropriate send-off to my current pair of Brooks Beast Trainers :)

Things went much better this morning, and despite my adjusting my course midway through (in an effort to avoid running into the rising sun--I'd not worn my sunglasses due to fog early on) I unintentionally exceed my mileage goal today by about a mile-and-a-half. I am a little flummoxed by my pace which I had thought was easier, but was still short of my goal of 9:00 minute miles. By bringing some gel I definitely addressed the loss of energy that kept me from finishing the run last week and attempted to use discipline in not over exceeding my mileage, choosing to walk the last mile home rather than over do it.

Be here now!

No comments: