Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Run: 3.2 miles in :24.27 @ 6:00 a.m

Weather: Clear, 55°F, 93% Humidity, Wind: SW @ 7 mph; feels like 55°F.
Route: East Ave Wegmans Loop
Pace: 7:38 min/mile
Effort: 5 of 5
How did I feel? Good.


Picked up the pace this morning and went a little shorter than normal for a Tuesday. Later this morning, I will be busing out to Center Park in Fairport with the Girls XC team I coach, so I am confident that I will add an additional mile or two of trails later this morning.

Two days ago I was seriously (and confidently) considering signing up at the last minute to run in the local half-marathon which is coming up in two weeks.

Coming off the high I felt after running 11+ on Sunday, I figured I could possibly better my time from last year (1:39), but after running "the math," I would be lucky t finish in 2 hours flat. Perhaps this is my opportunity to sign up , run my best, and accept that I am not the same runner I was five years ago, let alone last year--when I trained for a longer period of time.

Be here now!

No comments: