Sunday, August 17, 2008

Wyoming Recollection 4: Shift

"The empty blue sky of space says 'All this comes back
to me, then goes again, and comes back again, then goes again,
and I don't care, it still belongs to me'--
The blue sky adds 'Don't call me eternity, call me God
if you like, all of you talkers are in paradise:
the leaf is paradise, the tree stump is paradise,
the paper bag is paradise, the man is paradise,
the sand is paradise, the sea is paradise, the man is paradise,
the fog is paradise.'"~Jack Kerouac


Almost one week removed from our trip to Cheyenne, Wyoming, and already I feel the energy from the experience begin to fade, almost as if any temporary "change" or shift in perspective gained from being briefly part of the big sky land, is currently dissipating due to the congestion of the buildings, traffic, and people... the "it" is still there, I need only embrace the "big-sky-land" within.

Breathe in, breathe out… YOU AND I ARE ALIVE!

No comments: